What do we do?
NMPhA directs its activity toward two basic areas: Professional Services and Government Affairs Representation.
The New Mexico Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Educational opportunities include:
- Mid-Winter Meeting
- Annual Convention
- District meetings
- Prescribing certifications
- Dinner programs
- Web based CPE
- Legislative Reports (during the legislative session)
- Fax & email network
These resources are available to our members to provide time sensitive information.
NMPhA’s Annual Convention and Mid-Winter Meeting are wonderful opportunities to meet with other professionals. Pharmacist Prescribing Certification is offered for vaccination, emergency contraception, tobacco cessation, TB Testing and naloxone prescribing.
Government Affairs Representation:
- Legislative Sessions
- Legislative Reports are in the Member Section of this
- Board of Pharmacy
- Medicaid - Medicare
- Government agencies
- Other Boards as necessary
- Related association interactions
NMPhA has an excellent relationship with the NM Medical Society, the NM Nurses Association and many others.
Why Consider Membership?
Because NMPhA is your professional Association and the pharmacy profession needs you!
NMPhA needs active members to represent the pharmacy community in
New Mexico. Whether this means attending local meetings or state meetings in
Santa Fe, your support makes the difference! Membership benefits include:
- Pharmacists Prescribing Certifications:
Vaccinations, emergency contraception, tobacco cessation, TB testing and naloxone
- Association Publication RxNews
- NMPhA Fax Alerts & Email Network
- Insurance Programs
- Legislative Reports during the Legislative Session
- Legislative Updates throughout the year